I am not a food blogger and don’t usually write paragraphs of information on my recipe ventures. Sometimes I do give some TIPS to ensure that your keto recipe comes out perfectly. So, before jumping to the recipe please read the information below.
This Steak Cobb Salad is a wonderful recipe to do keto meal prep at the beginning of the week. I am not a fan of meal prepping on a Sunday, but I am a fan of cooking in bulk. We will typically make a couple of steaks and other protein on Sunday when we braai. When we braai some extra meat I have protein sorted for at least the first few days of the week. It’s easy to then add a salad or something with your steak. Usually, it’s steak and a fried egg for dinner for us! lol
When you start out on keto, meal prepping, when you have some extra time, not necessarily on a Sunday, is helpful to stay on track with your keto diet. I have found that on keto if you make provision to have some form of protein in your fridge, you can simply add a salad, some veggies or even a fried egg and cheese!
Make the Fat Burning Salad Dressing ahead of time and add it to your Cobb Salad.
Try out some of the other make-ahead salads that last a couple of days in the fridge. The Broccoli Bacon Salad can also be made ahead of time and then you simply add a couple of strips of steak to it.
You can also vary your weekly menu by making a roasted chicken on Sunday if you are not doing a braai and then prepare two chickens instead of one. Obvs depending on your family size. Use the extra chicken in your Cobb Salad.
- 2 tbsp Ghee Butter or Olive oil
- 500 grams Steak
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Pink Salt
- 6 large Free Range Eggs hardboiled
- 6 cups Greens or Baby Spinach
- 100 grams Cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup Walnuts halved
- 70 grams Feta Cheese
- Start out by boiling the eggs. I use a little Safeway Egg Boiler I bought from Clicks.
- Rub the steak with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and any other spices preferred. I love the Carb Smart Braai Salt Spice.
- Grill the steak to your preferred doneness and set aside.
- Once the eggs are done, drain, cool, peel and cut them in halves.
- Cut the steak into strips and weight out approximately 80-100g per serving.
- Assemble your meals by arranging the ingredients in the meal prep containers in layers next to each other.
- Make some of the Fat-Burning Salad Dressing if desired.