Meatballs and zucchini noodles is a weeknight favourite in our home. This recipe, however, has a bit of a twist with the Chicken Liver Pate.
It’s well known that ox liver is a superfood with lots of vitamins and minerals and I often sneak it into our ground beef recipes. Chicken liver is just as nutritious and using the pate is just an easy way to save time and effort.
You can either top the recipe off with parmesan cheese or the Tomato Topping below (just omit the soy sauce).
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 250 g mushrooms finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 500 g ground beef
- 125 g Free-range Chicken Liver Pate
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1 tsp Pink Salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- In a large, cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, sauté onion, mushrooms, and garlic in coconut oil until lightly browned and all water has evaporated from the skillet.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix meat with cooked vegetables and remaining meatball ingredients.
- Form into 12-15 meatballs.
- Place meatballs on a greased baking dish, at least 2cm apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Top with cheese and bake until cheese is melted/browned to your liking.
- Serve with your favourite squash or zucchini noodles.
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp Erythritol/Stevia
- 1 tbsp soy sauce