Use your Homemade Basil Pesto to marinate the chicken for a new twist to a boring chicken salad.
- 500 grams Chicken breast fillets skinless, boneless
- 1 tbsp Olive oil keep some aside for grilling the chicken
- 1 tbsp Homemade basil pesto (or store-bought)
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice (adjust to your tastes)
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1-2 tbsp Water (optional — for a thinner consistency)
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients in a large jug.
- Add the chicken to the marinade in the bowl or zip-lock bag. Marinade the chicken for 15-30 minutes minimum (or up to two hours in the refrigerator if time allows).
- Once the chicken is ready, heat 1 tsp of olive oil in a grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill chicken on both sides, approx 6-8 minutes a side or until browned and completely cooked through.
- Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes; slice and arrange over salad or your side.