I always talk about my kids who don’t eat vegetables, but I’ve learned to disguise their veggies in so many ways. These low carb zucchini fritters are another one of those ways to make sure they get enough veggies in!
- 450 grams Zucchini , grated approx 2.5 medium zucchinis
- 50 grams Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Olive oil frying Or coconut oil
- 25 grams Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 large Free Range Egg
- 1 small Onions optional chopped
- 1.5 tsp Pink Salt
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Grate the zucchini with a grater or in a food processor.
- Place the zucchini in a strainer and sprinkle with the teaspoon of salt. Mix the zucchini gently to distribute the salt and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the water out of the zucchini either with your hands or a kitchen cloth or a muslin cloth.
- Add the eggs and onion to the zucchini and mix together. In a small bowl, add the rest of the dry ingredients and stir together. Add them to the zucchini and mix thoroughly.
- Heat a medium to a large pan over medium-high heat. Pour in enough oil to completely cover the bottom surface of the pan. The oil must be hot, but be careful that it doesn’t start to smoke.
- Scoop the zucchini with a 1/3 cup measuring cup and place in the oil. I found scooping it with a measuring cup the best way to shape the fritters and keep them equal sizes.
- Cook for approx 3 minutes. Don’t turn it too quickly. Flip the fritter and cook for another three minutes. Add more oil to the pan as needed to prevent sticking.
- Drain the zucchini fritters on a paper towel before serving.