Soups are probably one of the easiest dishes to make on keto. Especially the creamy style soups like this Cream of Broccoli and Cheddar Soup.
My kids (unfortunately) are not very fond of vegetables, but boy oh boy, if I make this Cream of Broccoli and Cheddar Soup they devour it!
Recipe tip: if you’d like, you can chop up an onion instead of using onion powder. Sauté the onion in the butter until it is translucent before adding the broccoli.
- 4 cups Broccoli, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Dice up the broccoli and set it aside.
- In a medium size pot over medium heat, add butter, spices and salt and pepper.
- Add the broccoli and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes until the broccoli turns bright green and is soft.
- Add in the chicken broth and heavy whipping cream and stir.
- Bring to a boil. Once boiling turn down the heat to simmer and slowly add the cheese, mixing as you add.
- Turn down the heat and continually stir until soup thickens. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!