This Keto Focaccia is the perfect side to a braai or even some soup. Perfectly crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. Once you know how to work with fathead dough, you’ll love making this focaccia.
- 150 grams Mozzarella Cheese grated
- 2 tbsp Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 large Free Range Egg beaten
- 100 grams Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 8 Kalamata Olives, pitted You can use green olives too
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Rosemary Butter
- 1/4 cup Butter melted
- 1/2 tsp Rosemary & Sage Seasoning
- 1 clove Garlic crushed
- 1/2 tsp Rosemary fresh, chopped
- Heat the oven to 200C.
- Add the grated/shredded mozzarella and cream cheese to a medium bowl.
- Heat in the microwave for 1-1,5 minutes until melted. Stir halfway through.
- When completely melted, remove from the microwave and add the vinegar, almond flour, egg and seasoning and mix thoroughly. It will have a dough-like consistency.
- Place the dough on baking paper on an ovenproof sheet and shape the dough into the desired shape. You can make it round, oval or a rectangle.
- Press holes into the dough with either your finger/thumb or the back of a wooden spoon.
- Pierce the dough with a fork and place in the oven to bake for 10 minutes.
- Make the Rosemary butter by combining the ingredients.
- Take the focaccia out of the oven and place the olives in the holes and brush the dough with the butter.
- Bake in the oven for another 5 minutes or until golden brown.