This homemade keto electrolyte drink is quick and easy to make. I usually add it to my client’s meal plans from day 2 or 3. If you’ve ever had the unfortunate pleasure to experience keto flu, you will know that this little homemade keto electrolyte drink can be a lifesaver.
Chances are you’ll have all of the ingredients in your kitchen cupboard to make this electrolyte drink. In the recipe I use Erythritol. Erythritol is my personal favorite alternative sweetener. It is not as sweet as sugar, but my tastebuds have changed over the years and I don’t enjoy an intensely sweet taste. Other alternative sweeteners you can use in the keto electrolyte drink is:
- Stevia (liquid or powder form);
- Monk Fruit
In my online course, there is a full section dedicated to alternative sweeteners on keto as well as a video where I let you into what’s in my pantry.
The Magnesium in the keto electrolyte drink is available currently from the shop and I use Coyne Health’s magnesium. It is also available from most Wellness Warehouse stores. If you cannot get hold of magnesium before you start your diet, then it’s okay, you can still make the recipe without the magnesium.
Keto Electrolyte Drink Recipe
- 5 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice fresh
- 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 2 tbsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 40 grams Erythritol or Xylitol/Stevia to taste
- 2 sachets Biomax Magnesium Coyne Healthcare
- Mix all of the ingredients and keep it in the fridge for the next couple of days, drink 1 cup in the morning.
- You can reduce the amount of sweetener depending on the type you are using.