These Keto Chicken Parmesan Nuggets are so good! I honestly cannot understand why one would use bread crumbs to make chicken nuggets when making it with parmesan cheese is so tasty.
I’ve made these keto chicken parmesan nuggets a couple of times. My kids absolutely loves it and it’s a quick dinner or easy lunch.
The recipe calls for frying the chicken strips, but you can bake the chicken nuggets in the oven too. Just be careful to not overcook the chicken if you’re using the white meat from chicken breast.
I love serving the chicken nuggets with Carb Smart Sriracha Sauce.
- 650 grams Chicken breast or boneless thighs cut into thin strips
- 110 grams Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- ¼ tsp Pink Salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 large Free range eggs
- 2-3 tbsp Coconut oil or ghee frying
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the parmesan, onion powder, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- In another bowl, add the egg and whisk until frothy.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the egg, making sure to cover them completely.
- Coat the chicken pieces in the parmesan mixture and shake off any excess.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the ghee or coconut oil. Fry the chicken nuggets 5 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through.