This recipe is similar to the Creamy Broccoli Cheesy Bake and basically only has cooked chicken added. These are two recipes that my children absolutely love.
There was a time in my life, a few years ago, where I didn’t plan my meals that well and ended up buying a rotisserie chicken from Woolworths in the evening on my way home. It was already too late and there wasn’t any time to cook. The rotisserie chicken and ready-made coleslaw, that was dinner most weeknights.
Now, I look at this recipe and think to myself how easy it is to just cook delicious meals with a little bit of planning. This is how I do it differently now.
I would cook a whole chicken, sometimes two, at a time. From these chickens, I can make this Keto Chicken Broccoli Casserole, Chicken Stir-Fry and the Loaded Egg Muffins. The Chicken Stir-Fry is so quick and easy if you do a little food prep before the time and have your veggies pre-cut, ready in the fridge. And, Loaded Egg Muffins are such good lunchbox fillers.
You can honestly take such a weight off your shoulders if you spend 10-15 minutes at the beginning of the week on planning your meals for the week. Take a look at this post on some Meal Planning Tips.
- 1/4 cup Butter divided
- 340 g Broccoli coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1/2 cup Grated parmesan cheese
- Pink Himalayan Salt and pepper
- 3 cups Cooked chopped chicken (approx 560g)
- Set a 10-inch ovenproof skillet or (a suitable pan that can go into the oven) over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of the butter. Once melted, add the broccoli and sauté until bright green and just tender, about 4 minutes. Remove the broccoli to a bowl.
- Melt the remaining butter in the pan and add the garlic, cooking until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the cream and bring to a simmer, then cook until reduced by about half, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the mozzarella and all of the Parmesan until melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the broccoli and the chicken and top with the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Preheat the oven grill. Set the pan about 15 cm from the heat and grill until the cheese begins to brown, 2 to 5 minutes (depends on how intense your grill is!).