I am not a food blogger and don’t usually write paragraphs of information on my recipe ventures, but sometimes I do give some TIPS to ensure that your keto recipe comes out perfectly. So, before jumping to the recipe please read the information below.
There are quite a few keto flapjack/pancake recipes available on the internet. This recipe here is the one commonly made with eggs and cream cheese. I prefer this Almond Flour Pancakes over the cream cheese pancakes because I find the cream cheese ones a bit eggy.
Many of these pancake recipes call for some coconut flour as well. Personally I don’t like the taste of coconut flour, especially not in these pancakes. You’re looking for a fluffy pancake and I think the coconut flour gives the pancakes a grainy texture.
Serve the Almond Flour Pancakes with a dollop of cream and some Sweetleaf Sugar-Free Maple Syrup or a handful of blueberries or strawberries. Better yet, why not try some keto Nutella hazelnut spread!
- 70 grams Almond Flour
- 1 tbsp Erythritol
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 medium Free-range Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Mascarpone
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Beat the eggs, vanilla and cream cheese together.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well. The batter will be runny.
- Heat up a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and coat the pan with some butter or coconut oil.
- Add the batter to the pan forming several flapjacks. Let it cook for 2-2.5 minutes or until you see bubbles form in the flapjacks. Flip the flapjack over and cook for a 1.5 minutes on the other side or until it is done.
- The pancakes are best server slightly warm with a dollop of cream and Sweetleaf Maple Syrup.