I love having something crunchy every now and again. Sometimes it’s simply convenient to have a bowl of granola instead of whipping up a warm meal. Because I always try and have a good combination of protein and fats in my meals, the regular granola makes up a good portion of fats, but lacks in protein.
This keto granola recipe has some added whey protein which not only makes up for protein, but also adds some sweetness to the granola!
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour softened
- 1/2 cup Pecans, chopped
- 3/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1 cup Large Coconut Flakes
- 1/2 cup Almonds, slivers
- 4 Scoops Whey Protein Powder I use Fully Dosed or Nutritech Hydro Whey
- 1/2 cup Walnuts, halved
- 4 tbsp Butter, melted & Cooled
- 1 large Free range egg
- Preheat the oven to 165 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with aluminum foil and prepare the foil with either non-stick spray, butter or oil.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredinets and stir until well combined.
- Spread the mixture into an even layer on the greased aluminium foil and place in preheated oven.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until slightly browned. Watch the oven so that it doesn't burn.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Enjoy with double thick yoghurt!