Classic homemade basil pesto is quick and easy to make and so versatile. Use it with mayonnaise for a creamy salad dressing. Add it to chicken salad, bolognese or over vegetables and transform your dish. Take a look at the Marinated Pesto Chicken recipe here.
- Food processor
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic roasted or fresh
- 1/3 cup olive oil.
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pink salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Add basil leaves and nuts to food processor and pulse a few times.
- Add the parmesan cheese and garlic and pulse a few times. Scrape down the sides.
- While the food processor is running, slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream. Stop the food processor to scrape down the sides if you need to.
- Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the basil pesto into an glass container and keep in the fridge.