This Grilled Eggplant and Mushroom Salad does take a little time to prepare, but it is so worth the effort. It is one of our favorite dishes to make over weekends, rich and comforting and best served warm.
- 5 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 large Eggplant
- 250 grams Brown Mushrooms halved
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Hot Chili Peppers chopped optional
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley can use dried
- 2 tbsp Carb Smart Sriracha Sauce
- 2 tbsp Carb Smart Sweet Chili Sauce optional
- 2 tbsp Mascarpone
- Slice the eggplant into approx 1 cm discs and generously brush with olive oil. Reserve one tbsp of olive oil for the mushrooms.
- Fry the eggplant on the stovetop until tender. Depending on the size of your pan, you’ll have to make it in batches. To save some time, you can also place the eggplant on a baking sheet and grill in the oven until cooked. The eggplant must be cooked and tender, but not soggy. The stovetop can take a bit long.
- Add the remaining tbsp of olive oil and garlic to a pan and fry the mushrooms until cooked.
- Mix the chilli, parsley, Sriracha and Sweet Chili sauce as well as the mascarpone and stir it into the eggplant and mushrooms. Be careful not to stir it too roughly as the eggplant will break up completely.
- Best served warm.