Burger patties are a staple in our house. I literally make them every week. Either during the week or over weekends when we braai I’ll quickly throw all the ingredients together and form them into patties. Sometimes I’ll make the Greek Style ones, other times it will be simple patties that I’ve just spiced. It really depend what I have in the house.
It’s so simple to make these patties in a big batch. I try to use 2kg of mince at a time and make a huge batch. Half of which I freeze and the other half I’ll either grill on the stove or if it’s weekend my hubby will braai it. It’s really handy to have burger patties in the fridge for my kids to simply take one and warm it up. I’ve even taught the kids how to make it!
In the image of this recipe, I used aubergines as buns. I mostly use big brown mushrooms if I can find it at Woolies and for extra deliciousness, I also add the halloumi burger from Woolies. Sometimes for Saturday brunch, I’ll make the whole shebang and even add a fried egg!
- 1 kg Minced Lamb or chicken, or beef
- 200 g Crumbed Feta
- 100 g Chopped Olives
- 1 medium Onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Oregano dried or fresh
- 2 large Free Range/Organic, Eggs optional
- Pink Himalayan Salt & Pepper to taste
- Combine the minced lamb, feta, olives, onions, oregano and egg.
- Divide into patties. I make mine approximtatel 120g – 150g uncooked weight.
- Place the patties in the fridge for approximately 10 minutes.
- Grill the burgers for 5-7 minutes on each side or to the doneness you prefer.