This is such a flavourful and quick dish to make. If you don’t have a cast iron/skillet, you can use any other suitable pan that is oven proof.
- Cast Iron Pan/Skillet
- 6 Chicken Thighs, skin on
- 2 tbsp Basil, dried
- 3 tbsp Parmesan, finely grated
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed/minced
- 1 tsp Pink Salt
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Create a pocket between the skin and thigh meat using hands or a blunt utensil.
- Mix together basil, parmesan, garlic, salt and 1-2 tbsp of the olive oil.
- Evenly divide the mixture between the chicken thighs, stuffing it into the pocket beneath the skin and evenly spreading over the thigh meat.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a cast-iron skillet or suitable pan over medium-high heat.
- Place chicken thighs skin side down in the hot skillet and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn the thighs and continue cooking on the stovetop for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven to bake the chicken for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.