I am not a food blogger and don’t usually write paragraphs of information on my recipe ventures, but sometimes I do give some TIPS to ensure that your keto recipe comes out perfectly. So, before jumping to the recipe please read the information below.
This Egg, bacon and asparagus salad is a fabulous side dish. Like so many other keto recipes it’s quick and easy to make and bursting with flavour!
I love poached eggs. Yes, it’s a bit more effort to make, but when I have time I’ll choose to make poached eggs. The recipe works perfectly well with hard-boiled eggs too.
I also prefer leaving my asparagus spears long, but you can also chop the asparagus into smaller bite-size pieces if you’d like.
The recipe’s macros include the mayo and white wine vinegar, but there is a version on Cronometer excluding the dressing.
We love this salad and I hope you will too!
- 8 large Free Range/Organic Eggs poached or hard boiled
- 250 grams Diced Bacon cooked
- 200 grams Asparagus blanched
- 6 tbsp Carb Smart Mayonnaise
- 6 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- Pink Himalayan Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook your eggs in your prepared liking.
- Place the bacon on a large flat oven pan and grill in the oven until cooked, but not too crispy.
- To blanch asparagus, add to a pot of boiling water. Cook for 2 minutes or until bright green. Run under cold water to stop the cooking process. Place in a colander, pat dry with carlton paper and set aside.
- When the bacon is ready, remove from the oven.
- Combine the bacon pieces and asparagus in a serving dish.
- Combine the mayonnaise and white wine vinegar.
- Place the eggs on top of the bacon and asparagus and drizzle with dressing before serving.