The first time I made this Coconut Flour Porridge, it reminded me of the slap pap we used to eat at my great grandmother’s house. Oh, the nostalgic memories of the breakfast table set with enamel tin bowls, filled to the brim with slap pap and melted butter! There are many low-carb porridge or cereal alternatives, but this one, apart from the nostalgia, tastes the best for me. It has just the right amount of coconut flour and flax not to have that grainy taste and the egg makes the texture even smoother. I should actually call it the low-carb goldilocks porridge. 😉
- 3/4 cups Water
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 2 tbsp Golden Flax meal
- 1 large Free-range Egg whisked
- 1 tbsp Erythritol
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Almond Milk, unsweetened
- dash Cinnamon optional
- Add the water, flax meal, coconut flour and salt to a small pot over medium heat and stir to combine.
- As it begins to simmer turn it down the heat and whisk until it begins to thicken.
- Remove the porridge from heat and add the beaten egg. Add the egg slowly, while whisky continuously.
- Place back on the heat and continue to whisk until the porridge thickens.
- Remove from the heat and add butter, almond milk and sweetener.