First time in my life eating meatloaf was just about a year ago. I was searching for ground beef recipes on Pinterest and came across meatloaf. So simple to make! A quick and easy weeknight dinner option that is tasty and totally keto-friendly.
Servings: 6 SERVINGS
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1.5 medium Onion, chopped
- 1 kg Ground Beef
- 175 ml Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1 large Free range egg
- 1.5 tbsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Pepper
- 300 grams Streaky Bacon strips
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Over medium heat, melt the butter in a frying pan. Add the onion and fry until soft.
- Prepare and grease a bread loaf tin.
- Start by lining the bacon strips in the tin one by one and let the bacon strips hang over the side of the tin. Depending on the size of the tin you should use approximately 300g of bacon. If your tin is smaller, you can always make the bacon layer thicker by using all 300g of bacon.
- Mix the ground beef in a bowl. Add in the fried onion and all the other ingredients, except for the cheese. Mix well, but avoid overworking it because this can make the end result too dense.
- Dish the ground beef into the bread tin and sprinkle the grated cheese over. Fold the bacon over the cheese and bake in the oven for approximately 45 minutes.
- If the bacon begins to overcook before the meat is done, cover with aluminum foil and lower the heat a bit. If the bacon doesn’t appear to be completely done, broil the meatloaf for approximately 5 minutes.
Original recipe adapted from Diet Doctor.
Serving: 266g | Calories: 731kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.7g | Protein: 54.8g | Fat: 42g | Fiber: 0.6g
BACON WRAPPED KETO MEATLOAF
Amount Per Serving (266 g)
Calories 731 Calories from Fat 378
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.